Quill Workshop with Wunk Sheek and Kara Besaw
Indigenous craft workshop—please attend both Friday and Saturday
As part of Wunk Sheek's indigenous workshop series for Native November, indigenous artist Kara Besaw will lead a Quill Workshop on November 19th and 20th.
The event will be capped at 10 participants and you must attend both days; Friday, November 19th, from 1:00-5:00 pm and Saturday, November 20th, from 1:00-5:00 pm.
Besaw will lead participants through the steps of cleaning and dyeing the quills, then will help participants create a pair of earrings and a bracelet. Email email@example.com with any questions.
Wunk Sheek is an organization that serves students of indigenous identity and members of the UW–Madison community interested in indigenous issues, culture, and history.
Wunk Sheek gives students of indigenous identity:
- A way to socialize with one another
- A way to connect with other UW–Madison student organizations
- A way to represent indigenous communities to the wider UW–Madison community
Wunk Sheek gives members of the UW–Madison community interested in indigenous issues, culture, and history:
- A source for indigenous knowledge, education, and experience
- A way to connect with students of indigenous identity at an organizational level