Stand-up comedy: Tatanka Means
A special performance for Native November presented by Wunk Sheek
Actor and comedian Tatanka Means, who represents the Diné, Oglala Lakota, and Omaha Nations, will perform a stand-up comedy set at The Sett at Union South. This performance, presented by Wunk Sheek, will be free and open to the public.
Find a flyer here: https://tribalrelations.wisc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/1359/2021/11/Tatanka-Means-sm.pdf
What is Wunk Sheek? Wunk Sheek is an organization that serves students of indigenous identity and members of the UW–Madison community interested in indigenous issues, culture, and history.
Wunk Sheek gives students of indigenous identity:
- A way to socialize with one another
- A way to connect with other UW–Madison student organizations
- A way to represent indigenous communities to the wider UW–Madison community
Wunk Sheek gives members of the UW–Madison community interested in indigenous issues, culture, and history:
- A source for indigenous knowledge, education, and experience
- A way to connect with students of indigenous identity at an organizational level
- A way to access and understand the indigenous communities Wunk Sheek members are from