Canvas Tips & Tricks – Part 1
Learn@UW Online Trainings - January 2024
Canvas is a large application, with numerous features and functionalities. Our other Canvas training sessions focus on specific functionality. This 90-minute session zeroes in on several "smaller" items that often get over looked. These components will be variously valuable to each attendees. But, in aggregate, they will help you become a more complete and knowledgeable user of the tool.
Canvas Tips & Tricks - Part 1 addresses the following items. Other items will be added, as time permits.
- Choosing the best Home page for your course
- What is a "Module Zero", and why do I need one?
- Managing module settings, like requirements and prerequisites
- Using the Canvas "undelete" feature
- Creating anonymous discussions
- Building surveys in Canvas
- Optimizing Canvas announcements
- Controlling student access to your course
This session is entirely remote and will be held in a Zoom room. The link to the Zoom room is provided nearby.
This session is organized and hosted by Learn@UW-Madison. To explore other sessions related to our Learn@UW tools, search the today.wisc.edu calendar with the filter "LUW Event". For more information about Learn@UW-Madison, and the tools we support, visit https://go.wisc.edu/learnuw.