Diversity and Belonging in the Student Experience Virtual Town Hall
How do I find community in a COVID-19 environment? How will the university be addressing racial equity and diversity in the wake of protests and calls for action this year? Where do I go for support? UW–Madison students, parents, and families are invited to join Student Affairs and the Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement for a virtual town hall to discuss these questions and yours about diversity and belonging in the student experience. Captions and interpreting will be provided.
Submit Questions: https://go.wisc.edu/ask-us
- Cheryl Gittens, Deputy Vice Chancellor and Chief Diversity Officer, Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement
- Gabe Javier, Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs – Identity and Inclusion
- Christina Olstad, Dean of Students
- Emilie Hofacker, Director, Posse Program, Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement
- Sofía Snow, Director, Office of Multicultural Arts Initiative and First Wave, Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement
Student Affairs identity and inclusion departments are the Multicultural Student Center (MSC), Gender and Sexuality Campus Center (GSCC), International Student Services (ISS), McBurney Disability Resource Center, Office of Inclusion Education (new in fall 2020) and University Veteran Services.
- Ida Balderrama-Trudell, Interim Director, Office of Inclusion Education