Overview of Learn@UW Tools
Learn@UW Online Trainings - Fall 2023
Learn@UW-Madison administers and supports 13 tools that comprise the Learn@UW suite of learning technologies. Each of these tools address a particular need of our teaching and learning community. This one-hour course is a 30,000-ft overview of those tools. We provide just enough time to introduce each tool -- without getting bogged down in the details. We discuss key purposes, features and limitations, and explore how the tools may integrate with each other. With this knowledge, instructors and instructional support staff can better determine which tools may be of use in their courses.
We will provide a few minutes discussion on each of the following products:
- Canvas learning management system (LMS)
- Kaltura MediaSpace media delivery platform
- AEFIS (Assessment, Evaluation, Feedback & Intervention System) student learning assessment tool
- Top Hat student response system
- Engage eText reader
- Pressbooks eText authoring and hosting platform
- Piazza online discussion platform
- Atomic Assessments advanced quizzing tool
- Turnitin originality comparison and citation checking tool
- Honorlock automated proctoring solution
- Learner Engagement Analytics Dashboard (LEAD) course-level learning analytics dashboard
This session is entirely remote and will be held in a Zoom room. The link to the Zoom room is provided nearby.
This session is organized and hosted by Learn@UW-Madison. To explore other sessions related to our Learn@UW tools, search the today.wisc.edu calendar with the filter "LUW Event". For more information about Learn@UW-Madison, and the tools we support, visit https://go.wisc.edu/learnuw.